The City of Mankato says preliminary work on phase 2 of the Germania Park reconstruction project is expected to begin Monday, April 5. Major work is expected to begin at 7 a.m., Monday, April 12 and the following streets will be closed at that time:
- Brooks Street (3rd to 5th avenues)
- 4th Avenue (Brooks Street to end)
- 4th Avenue (Spruce Street south to private road)
- 5th Avenue (Spruce Street south to private road)
- Maxfield Street (3rd to 5th avenues)
These streets are expected to open mid-October (weather permitting).