As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues around the world, Fernbrook Family Center is committed to continuing to provide mental health services to 100% of our current clients and we are continuing to take new referrals. In order to make this possible, we rallied together as a team and in just 5 days’ time have fully implemented telemedicine as an option for you to continue to receive the care you need. These are difficult times and Fernbrook is here to help.
We understand receiving mental health services in this manner may feel different at first, but we are prepared to put your concerns at ease and get started with you right away. Whether you are a current client or a potential new client looking to start services with us in these challenging times we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Fernbrook understands how stressful these times are for you and we have introduced telemedicine as an option to help.
Advantages of Telemedicine
- Our #1 reason for this new option is telemedicine allows both you and our staff a 100% safe method to continue working together to care for your mental health needs.
- You can keep all of your currently scheduled appointments and simply meet virtually versus face to face.
- If you are choosing to stay home or have been faced with a required quarantine due to COVID 19 you do not need to cancel your appointment, your session can still happen.
- Due to reduced travel time, many of our therapists will have greater flexibility in scheduling your appointments. This provides you additional options for meeting with them that have not existed in the past.
Technology Needs for Telemedicine
- Access to the internet is required.
- The software we utilize can be used on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The technology utilized must have video capability (for both you and our staff).
- Setup is simple and our staff is trained to help you through the process.
- If you do not have access to the necessary technology and/or the internet, our staff will discuss options with you to overcome the barriers.