The Kiwanis Holiday Lights Board of Directors is pleased to announce $81,000 will be donated to the 60 nonprofits.
Additional statistics include:
- Just over 200,000 people attended the 36-day event in 2021 (an average of nearly 5,556 attendees per night)
- 12 tons of food was donated to 19 regional food shelves
- 5,000 children visited Santa in his workshop on weekends
- Winning Nonprofit Decorated Trees were:
- 1st Place $300 prize: BENCHS
- 2nd Place $200 prize: Mankato Family YMCA
- 3rd Place $100 prize: Girl Scout Troop 34494 & 39738
- The Mankato Area Figure Skating Club received the $500 prize for designing the winning Opening Night Parade float
- All set-up was completed over 10 days during the five weekends prior to opening
- All tear-down was completed in 4 days in early January
- $81,000 will be donated to the 60 nonprofit groups that provided 2,474 volunteers and contributed 14,450 hours assisting with set-up, tear-down and evening volunteer help during the event. Remaining proceeds will go to help offset expenses and to improve the event in future years.
– MORE –
- 60+ Greater Mankato businesses participated as cash or in-kind sponsors, showing continued support for the annual event
- The event remains completely volunteer led and operated
- The opening parade and lighting ceremony for the 2022 Kiwanis Holiday Lights season will be November 25, 2022.