The North Mankato Fire Department was called to a residential cooking  fire at 1618 Colony Court at 9:22a.m. on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021. 

Emergency crews arrived to find the fire had been extinguished by the resident and stove top  automatic extinguishers mounted in the vent hood. The unit received minor fire and smoke  damage, and the building was ventilated by the Fire Department. The resident was treated on  scene by Mayo Ambulance Services for burns to the hands.

The North Mankato Fire Department was on scene for approximately thirty minutes and was  assisted by the North Mankato Police Department and Mayo Ambulance Services.