Motorists are advised to expect delays on several bridges located in south central Minnesota beginning Aug. 23, weather permitting, as crews complete maintenance work on the bridges.
The impacted bridges include:
- Bridge 07030: northbound and southbound Highway 169; westbound Riverfront Drive, Mankato
· Bridge 22803 and 22804: eastbound and westbound on I-90, west of Blue Earth
· Bridge 22825 and 22826: eastbound and westbound on I-90, near Blue Earth
· Bridge 46821 and 46822: eastbound and westbound on I-90, east of Fairmont
· Bridge 46833: westbound I-90 near Fairmont; westbound I-90 on-ramp closure
· Bridge 46834: eastbound I-90 near Fairmont; eastbound I-90 off-ramp closure
The bridge decks and some on/off ramps will be resurfaced to provide a smoother, safer ride for motorists.
Lanes will be reduced during construction. Motorists should slow down, drive with caution, and watch for workers, equipment, and traffic control devices.
Weather permitting, all work will be completed by late September. The project is weather dependent as the construction work is sensitive to rain, humidity, and temperature.