Help protect water resources. Mankato’s water conservation efforts include conserving and reducing usage so the area’s groundwater resources are used efficiently and there’s an adequate water supply for the community.
Water conservation efforts are in effect for everyone using City of Mankato water:
When to water
- Watering for sprinkling and irrigation is limited to every other day between 6 p.m. to 11 a.m.
Know your watering days
- Odd-numbered street addresses may water on odd-numbered days.
- Even-numbered street addresses may water on even-numbered days.
- Multiple-unit complexes may water based on the lowest numbered complex address. For example, if the lowest number of the complex is 1, it is an odd-numbered watering day; if it is 2, it is an even-numbered watering day.
- New landscaping, sod or seed within 30 days of being installed (with a city permit)*
- Gardens and flower beds (with a hand-held hose)
- Children’s water toys (must be attended)
- Washing vehicles (please ensure water does not end up in the storm drain)