Eleven hospitals across Mayo Clinic received star ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Overall Hospital Quality.
Six of the 11 hospitals earned five stars — the best score possible. The national average is 3 of 5 stars.
The star rating provides patients with information about multiple dimensions of quality in a single score. Star ratings are assigned based on a hospital’s composite score of 48 quality metrics from Inpatient and Outpatient Quality Reporting programs.
“Congratulations to all Mayo Clinic hospitals that received excellent CMS star ratings,” says Andrew Limper, M.D., Mayo Clinic’s interim chief value officer. “These recognitions are testimonies to our staff’s commitment to delivering extraordinary patient care every day.”
Mayo Clinic hospitals that received four and five stars are:
· Mayo Clinic Hospital in Arizona
· Mayo Clinic Hospital in Florida
· Mayo Clinic Hospital in Rochester
· Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
· Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin
· Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing, Minnesota
· Mayo Clinic Health System in Fairmont, Minnesota
· Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato, Minnesota
· Mayo Clinic Health System in Menomonie, Wisconsin