Governor Tim Walz authorized state disaster assistance today for Sibley, Renville, and Nicollet Counties for damage sustained from severe storms between July 25 – July 27, 2020.

 The heavy rains caused flooding and washouts to county and township roads and inundated county ditch systems across the region.

The State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account will cover 75 percent of eligible costs. Local governments will cover the remaining 25 percent of eligible costs. The Department of Public Safety Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management will work with county officials to provide assistance as directed by the Governor.