Help us help you prevent package thefts and have a positive holiday shopping experience:
Ways to prevent thefts of delivered packages:
- Bring packages in immediately after delivery.
- Sign-up for delivery alerts and track packages.
- Schedule delivery for a time when someone will be home.
- Customize delivery by providing instructions online and request that packages are placed in less conspicuous spots, such as a side door or within a fenced area.
- Require signature on delivery.
- Have packages shipped to workplace, office or designated secure pick-up locations.
- Use ship to store option when ordering.
- Ask neighbor to secure the package.
- Consider home security cameras, such as video door bell.
Safety tips to help ensure a positive holiday shopping experience:
- Be focused and alert to surroundings.
- Shop during daylight hours. If shopping at night, go with a friend or family member.
- It’s important to not leave purses unattended in shopping carts.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Keep credit cards secure and remember to return them to your wallet safely after the transaction. Keep a copy of credit card numbers so it’s convenient to report any missing cards immediately.
- Place shopping packages out of sight in the vehicle’s trunk and lock the doors. If going back to a store after placing items in-vehicle, move the vehicle to a new parking place.
When shopping in-person, please help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a face covering/masks, covering coughs, washing hands thoroughly and staying at least six-feet from others.
See something? Say something. Report anything suspicious by calling 911.