Skip to content
- Too many motorists are making the dangerous decision to drive or ride in a vehicle unbelted.
- Between Jan. 1 and Nov. 1, preliminary reports show 85 unbelted motorists died on Minnesota roads this year, compared with 61 this time last year.
- This year is the highest number of unbelted fatalities (10) of 15-19-year-olds since 2013 (10).
- This year is the highest number of unbelted fatalities (28) of 25-39-year-olds since 2012 (32).
- It’s the highest overall year-to-date unbelted fatalities since 2012 (97).
- More than 300 agencies will be enforcing the seat belt law and reminding motorists to drive smart during the Click It or Ticket campaign Nov. 16-29.