Governor Tim Walz authorized emergency assistance for five Minnesota counties that sustained damage from heavy rains and flooding from June 23 to July 3, 2020. A series of summer storms produced mudslides and significant damage to infrastructure in Kittson, Le Sueur, Morrison, Renville, and Washington counties.

The excessive moisture caused significant damage to roadways, culverts, earthen berms, and drainage systems.

The State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account will cover 75 percent of eligible costs, or over $1.4 million for all five counties. The individual counties are responsible for the remaining 25 percent.