Friday, September 18, marks the first day of early voting for the Statewide General Election to be held November 3. With the start of early voting, voters should make their elections plan now.
- Get ready – voters can check their registration, and update it if necessary, at www.mnvotes.org
- Be informed – learn more about elections, early voting, and how to vote at www.becvotes.org
- And vote – consider voting from home by requesting a ballot be sent to you, voting early at the Elections Office, or voting in the polling place on Election Day
Options for voters:
- VOTE FROM HOME: Blue Earth County encourages voters to vote from home for this election as a safe and effective way to vote. Voters may request a ballot online at www.mnvotes.org by clicking on “Other Ways to Vote.” Over 7,500 county voters will be receiving a ballot in the coming week to vote from home. Voters should wait for their ballot to arrive, and then determine how to vote and return it. Ballots and the provided envelopes can be returned through the mail as all postage is paid or they can be dropped off at the Blue Earth County Elections Office.
- VOTE EARLY IN PERSON: Visit the Elections Office to vote. If voters have requested and received a ballot, they should bring those materials with them. The county will also be offering a “Drop & Go Quick Service” booth in the Elections Office parking lot for voters starting in early October. Additionally, starting October 27 the county will be adding a second voting location in southeast Mankato near Minnesota State University.
- VOTE ON ELECTION DAY: Visit www.mnvotes.org to determine your polling place, which may have moved due to COVID-19.
Minnesota State law allows any eligible voter to cast an absentee ballot for any reason. Voting at home may be a way for voters to reduce spread of disease and keep our communities healthy.
The Blue Earth County Elections Office is located in the Historic Courthouse at 204 S 5th Street, Mankato. The second early voting location will open October 27 at 15 Map Drive and will provide another location for all early voting services for Blue Earth County voters. Hours for the Elections Office are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office will be open extended hours on Saturday, October 31, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and until 5 p.m. Monday, November 2.
Due to a recent court settlement, early voting ballots must be post-marked no later than Election Day and received by our office no later than November 10. In previous elections, the ballots needed to be received by the Elections Office no later than Election Day. It’s important to carefully follow instructions included with the ballot.
Voters can register, check the status of their ballot, and handle many other elections-related tasks by visiting www.mnvotes.org. Voters should register in advance no later than October 13 to be considered pre-registered for the election.
For additional questions or information, please contact Blue Earth County Elections at (507) 304-4341 or visit www.becvotes.org.