To support organizations that share its mission, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has approved $24,250 in grants to community organizations during quarter three.
Receiving grants for quarter three are:
- City of Saint Peter Recreation and Leisure Services – Exploration Recreation for Youth and Senior Isolation Kits ($2,500)
- Kiwanis Camp Patterson – AED Defibrillator ($1,500)
- Saint Peter Community Childcare Center – Children’s Wellness Initiative ($2,000)
- Friends of Learning Back to School Project ($1,500)
- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Elementary-Positive Behavior Interventions and Support ($1,000)
- Boy Scouts of America Troops 8 and 76 – AED Defibrillator ($1,500)
- Camp Sweet Life Adventures – Virtual Camp Experience ($2,500)
- House of Hope – COVID-19 Restart Program ($2,500)
- City of Saint Peter Recreation and Leisure Services – Active Aging Week Activities ($750)
- North Elementary School, St. Peter Schools – Fourth Grade Kindness Retreat ($3,500)
- South Sudanese Community of Minnesota ($2,500)
- City of North Mankato-Spring Lake Park Swim Facility-Swimming Lesson Scholarships ($2.500)
Mankato Clinic physicians provide the majority of the foundation funding as a way to give back to the community and support organizations that strive to improve health and wellness in the communities they serve. In the last 10 years, the Mankato Clinic Foundation has provided more than $1.8 million in scholarships and grants to worthwhile organizations, programs, and projects.
Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and are considered through an application process. More information and applications can be found at www.mankatoclinic.com/Mankato-clinic-foundation. The next grant application deadline is September 1, 2020.