A Message to our Clients and the Communities We Serve
As the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues around the world, Fernbrook Family Center is committed to continuing to provide mental health services to 100% of our current clients and we are continuing to take new referrals. In order to make this possible we are offering traditional outpatient and in-home services along with our expanded telehealth services. These are certainly difficult times and Fernbrook is here to help.
We understand the current pandemic has required an adjustment to how mental health services are traditionally received and we have made appropriate adjustments to the delivery of mental health services. We are prepared to navigate any concerns you may have, and we remain committed to provide the highest quality services adapted to current conditions. We are willing to get started with you right away. Whether you are a current client or a potential new client looking to start services with us, we look forward to speaking with you soon!
Throughout the pandemic we have made adaptations to our delivery of services to meet the individual needs of each client; we are following protocol established by executive order.
Fernbrook understands how stressful these times are, and we have introduced telemedicine as an option to help.
Advantages of Telemedicine
- Our #1 reason for this new option is telemedicine allows both you and our staff a 100% safe method to continue working together to care for your mental health needs.
- You can keep all of your currently scheduled appointments and simply meet virtually versus face to face.
- If you are choosing to stay home or have been faced with a required quarantine due to COVID 19 you do not need to cancel your appointment, your session can still happen.
- Due to reduced travel time, many of our therapists will have greater flexibility in scheduling your appointments. This provides you additional options for meeting with them that have not existed in the past.
Technology Needs for Telemedicine
- Access to the internet is required.
- The software we utilize can be used on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The technology utilized must have video capability (for both you and our staff ).
- Setup is simple and our staff is trained to help you through the process.
- If you do not have access to the necessary technology and/or the internet, our staff will discuss options with you to overcome the barriers.
In person services
- We understand ensuring the safety of our clients and staff is the priority. Aligned with executive order deeming Fernbrook employees’ essential workers, we are currently offering in-person services.
- We are concurrently offering telehealth services in response to the pandemic. In-person services can be considered a supplement to telehealth or replace telehealth services altogether.
- The decision to resume in-person services is a decision made between yourself as the client and your therapist. There is no requirement to meet in-person as telehealth remains an option.
- Services can be delivered in the home, community, or in our outpatient setting. This will be determined by yourself and your therapist.
- All Fernbrook locations are receiving referrals and services will be initiated as quickly as possible.
- Please review our website and follow the appropriate self-referral forms. http://fernbrook.org/index.php/our-process/
- Additionally, you can contact us via phone to schedule initial assessment appointments. (507) 446-0431
- We are committed to observing the safety measures outlined by executive order and aligned with the Center for Disease Control, (CDC), and the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Staff are being assessed daily for potential symptoms of COVID-19 and will be required to make any report of symptoms.
- Any and all potential exposures will be reported to clients immediately and appointments will be cancelled accordingly.
- Personal protective equipment has been made available to all staff.