Situation Update for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Subscribe: COVID-19 updates
Sign up to receive email or mobile alerts when this data is updated, as well as other periodic COVID-19 updates.
Updated May 21, 2020
Updated daily at 11 a.m., with data current as of 4 p.m. the previous day.
Data is for cases that were tested and returned positive. All data are preliminary and may change as cases are investigated. Many data points are collected during case interviews. Data presented below are for all cases, regardless of interview status. Data for cases pending interview may be listed as “unknown/missing”.
Not all suspected cases of COVID-19 are tested, so this data is not representative of the total number of people in Minnesota who have or had COVID-19. Cumulative numbers are since Jan. 20, 2020.
Because all data are preliminary, the change in number of cumulative positive cases and deaths from one day to the next may not equal the newly reported cases or deaths.
Total positive (cumulative)
Newly reported cases
Newly reported deaths
|County||Number of newly reported cases|
- Cases removed*: 9
* Cases are removed for many reasons including residence in another state, duplication of cases, and false positive reports.
|County of residence||Age group||Number of newly reported deaths|
|Residence type||Number of newly reported deaths|
|Long-term care facility/Assisted living||28|
Total approximate number of completed tests: 173,556
- Total approximate number of completed tests from the MDH Public Health Lab: 19,720
- Total approximate number of completed tests from external laboratories: 153,836
Testing data table
More about testing data
Minnesota Case Overview
- Total positive: 18,200
- Number of health care workers: 2,120
Positive cases by date specimen collected data table
More about positive cases
Patients no longer needing isolation
- Patients no longer needing isolation: 12,488
- Deaths: 809
- Deaths among cases that resided in long-term care or assisted living facilities: 663
- Probable COVID-19 Deaths*: 9
* COVID-19 listed on death certificate but a positive test not documented for the person.
Deaths data table