Mankato-City staff is preparing to re-open basketball, tennis and pickleball courts. Resurfacing work on these courts is underway, and once complete nets will be placed so these amenities can be used by the public. Picnic tables will be placed in shelters (based on shelter size to practice social distancing). Shelters will be available on a first-come, first-served basis as reservations are not being taken at this time.
Signage will be placed in parks and adjustments made as necessary to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 following Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations:
While in the parks avoid high-touch surfaces:
- The CDC recommends avoiding playground equipment.
- The DNR recommends avoiding contact with shared amenities like playground equipment, picnic tables and benches. Assume such equipment has not been sanitized. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if you do come into contact with shared amenities.
Other CDC and DNR recommendations include:
- Limit groups in park based on DNR and CDC guidelines.
- Limit close contact with others outside your household to reduce asymptomatic spread.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least six-feet away from others.
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer after using park amenities.
Stay home if sick.