Because all data are preliminary, the change in number of cumulative positive cases and deaths from one day to the next may not equal the newly reported cases or deaths.
Total positive (cumulative)
Newly reported cases
Newly reported deaths
Total approximate number of completed tests: 128,752
- Total approximate number of completed tests from the MDH Public Health Lab: 15,885
- Total approximate number of completed tests from external laboratories: 112,867
Testing data table
More about testing data
Minnesota Case Overview
- Total positive: 13,435
- Number of health care workers: 1,605
Positive cases by date specimen collected data table
More about positive cases
Patients no longer needing isolation
- Patients no longer needing isolation: 9,136
- Deaths: 663
- Deaths among cases that resided in long-term care or assisted living facilities: 537
- Probable COVID-19 Deaths*: 9
* COVID-19 listed on death certificate but a positive test not documented for the person.
Deaths data table
Total cases requiring hospitalization: 1,915
- Hospitalized as of today: 498
- Hospitalized in ICU as of today: 203
Hospitalization data table
Age group data table:
Including age group of deaths
Gender data table
Race & Ethnicity
Race and ethnicity data table:
Including race and ethnicity of deaths
Likely exposure data table
Not all cases among health care workers have a likely exposure as health care staff.
Cases by County of Residence
County of residence is confirmed during the case interview. At the time of this posting not all interviews have been completed. The county residence data may not equal the total number of reported positive cases.
County of residence data table:
Including county of residence of deaths
Residence type data table
- Weekly COVID-19 Report: 5/14/2020 (PDF)
This report includes more detailed information data, including demographic information on cases and more information on cases among health care workers. Updated every Thursday.
Congregate Care Facilities with Exposures, by County