The Community Response Fund (CRF) announces its second round of grants totaling $35,500 to seven different community organizations. These grants were awarded in response to the short-term emergency needs of nonprofits throughout our region due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
With the new grants included, the CRF has distributed a total of $62,750 to regional tax-exempt organizations since the fund launched March 20. View the full list to date at www.MankatoUnitedWay.org/community-response-fund.
The CRF will continue to grant funds on a rolling basis. If you are a nonprofit organization and have questions about how to apply, please contact Sarah Beiswanger at [email protected].
This round of CRF grants supported the following community organizations:
- Blue Earth County Libraryto provide learning materials to community families and outreach to individuals who are vulnerable to COVID-19.
- City of Mankatofor sanitizing community nonprofits and providing them with cleaning supplies, as well as providing hygiene supplies for nonprofit distribution.
- ECHO Food Shelf for staff overtime, freezer storage, and pallet jack for large quantities of food donations.
- Feeding Every Baby Incfor infant formula, diapers, and other baby supplies.
- Mankato Youth Placeto open club all day M–F and provide distance learning.
- MN Council of Churchesfor support education to refugee families about COVID-19 and distance learning.
- SS Boutiquefor continued operations and increased response for COVID-19.