Commissioner Jodi Harpstead presented a Circle of Excellence award on Tuesday, March 10, to Horizon Homes in Mankato. Horizon Homes was recognized for expanding their capacity to serve children and adults in need of mental and chemical health care. Mike Pribyl, executive director of Horizon Homes, accepted the award on behalf of the organization.
Horizon Homes’ new South Central Crisis Center provides people experiencing short-term mental health crises with a stable, supportive place to stay until they can safely return to their community. The organization also participates in the Yellow Line Project, an initiative to prevent unnecessary incarcerations for individuals with mental illness and substance use disorder in partnership with Blue Earth County and the Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office.
This is the eighth year of the Circle of Excellence Awards. Winners were selected based on how well they met the following award criteria:
- Supports the DHS mission to help people meet their basic needs so they can live in dignity and achieve their highest potential
- Contributes to current DHS goals and priority projects
- Demonstrates best practices
- Achieves results that impact clients
- Partners with others in the human services system.
Read more in the department’s news release.