This week’s carbon monoxide leak at an apartment building in Minneapolis is prompting a reminder from State Fire Marshal Bruce West:

“Coming into the time when our houses being closed for the next 3, 4 months, with the heating season, carbon monoxide alarms in your home are so important. We want to make sure that people have one on each level, test those carbon monoxide alarms just like you test your smoke alarms”

On Wednesday, one person became sick and 200 people were forced from a Dinkytown apartment building after a leak of the colorless, odorless gas.