With the cold weather snap we’re dealing with, Authorities are reminding persons there are winter weather dangers inside the home as well.

 

“Carbon monoxide is a threat year-round, ” says Caleb Grunski is with the National Weather Service in Chanhassen. “But it tends to ramp-up in the winter when you’re using fireplaces and gas heaters more often.”

 

Grunski says to make sure your carbon monoxide detectors are working. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that has the potential to be deadly. Authorities say the most common symptoms of CO poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. CO symptoms are often described as “flu-like.