HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
- Remind children to walk (not run) while trick-or-treating.
- Cross streets only at intersections and crosswalks.
- Give trick-or-treaters flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Make children more visible to drivers by attaching retro-reflective tape, fabric, or decorative patches to costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
- Look for “flame resistant” labels on costumes and accessories.
- Accompany children under the age of 12. Have older children bring a cell phone along.
- Tell children never to enter a home or an apartment building unless they are with an adult.
- Remind kids not to eat any of their treats until parents have had a chance to check them. Candy should be thrown away if it is unwrapped or wrapper is torn.