Provide feedback about Mankato Area Public Schools’ proposed school calendars and tiered busing system by Monday, November 4:
View proposed options for school calendars:
Due to increase in student enrollment, Mankato Area Public Schools has researched a tiered busing strategy that involves running more than one pick-up and drop-off schedule. This results in proposed staggered school start and end times for students in grades kindergarten through 12:
- Elementary schools: 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Bridges Community School: 8:10 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
- Middle schools: 8:25 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- High schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Potential benefits of tiered busing include less time on bus, decreased congestion on bus and at transfer sites, increased breakfast time available, peer-alike routes and fewer transitions.
How to provide feedback:
- Complete online surveyby 5 p.m., Monday, November 4.
- Send written comments to Mankato Area Public Schools, Attention: Becky Bailey, Central Office, P.O. Box 8741, Mankato, MN 56002-8741 by 5 p.m., Monday, November 4.
The Mankato Area Public School board will review at their November 18 work session and discuss at December 3 board meeting.