Mankato citizens can dispose of unneeded prescriptions.
For convenience, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 26 in celebration of National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, city staff will be in front of the Public Safety Center, 710 South Front Street, to assist anyone wanting to dispose of unneeded prescriptions.
Additionally, the city of Mankato provides a self-serve, anonymous drug drop box disposal service year-round, 24-hours a day at Mankato’s Public Safety Center. Safely disposing of medications helps keep them out of landfills and the water system. Items collected are burned to have the least environmental impact.
- prescription medications
- over-the-counter medications
- narcotics and other controlled substances
- medication samples
- pet medications
- vitamins and supplements
- liquid medication in glass or leak-proof containers
- medicated ointments and lotions
- needles, syringes or other sharps
- IV bags
- bloody or infectious waste
- hydrogen peroxide
- business waste