Traffic disruptions are expected to be minimal for the Mankato Marathon which begins at 7:30 a.m., Saturday, October 19 at Minnesota State University, Mankato parking lot #21 along Stadium Road. During this event some Mankato streets will be closed and traffic will be redirected for the safety of runners and drivers. It is recommended to plan ahead if driving in these areas is necessary. View a detailed map and schedule.
- 3 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Front Street (from Marshall to Cherry streets)
- 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Timberwolf Drive (from Monks Avenue to Pohl Road)
- 7:30 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
- Monks Avenue (from Stadium Road to Rosewood Drive)
- 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Stoltzman Road (from Van Brunt Street to Fairfield Avenue)
- Blue Earth/West Pleasant streets (from Winona Street to Stoltzman Road)
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- North bound lane of County Road 1 (from County Road 9 to County Road 90)
- 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Balcerzak Drive (from Pohl Road to Cardinal Drive)
Expected traffic delays
- 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- East Main and South Fifth streets
- East Main and South Fourth streets
- 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Stadium and Tanager roads
- Stadium and Pohl roads
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Balcerzak Drive and Pohl Road
- Glenwood Avenue and Pohl Road
- 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- South Broad and Warren streets
- 7:40 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Stadium and Stoltzman roads
- 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- County Road 90 and Indian Lake Road
- 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- County roads 90 and 1
- 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Blue Earth Street (from Winona Street to Carney Avenue)
- Carney to Moreland avenues
- Carney Avenue and Blue Earth Street
- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Stoltzman Road (between County Road 90 and Essex Road)
- 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- F.A. Buscher Park area (including Essex Road, Chancery Lane, Victoria Boulevard and Mayan Way)
For more information contact Mark Bongers, Mankato Marathon race director, on behalf of Visit Mankato, at 507-649-2322.