The Blue Earth County Property & Environmental Resources Department reminds all homestead and non-homestead residential, non-homestead rural vacant land, and commercial classed property owners that the second half of real estate taxes are due Tuesday, October 15, 2019. There will be penalty if the second half payment is not received or postmarked on or before the due date. Payments can be made in the following ways;
- By Mail. Payments must be postmarked on or before October 15, 2019 to avoid penalty and can be sent to Blue Earth County Property & Environmental Resources, PO Box 3567, Mankato, MN 56002-3567.
- In-person. Visit Property & Environmental Resources located on first floor of the Historic Courthouse (204 S 5th Street) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Online. Payments by credit card (2.49% fee) or eCheck ($1.49 per transaction) can be made on the County’s website at www.blueearthcountymn.gov.
- Automated Payments. Sign-up for the automatic payment program at www.blueearthcountymn.gov/automaticpayment.
Please note: If you are not currently enrolled in automatic payment program, it is too late and not an option for the October 15, 2019 payment, but is an option for future payments.
- Drop Box Locations. Drop boxes are located at the Blue Earth County Historic Courthouse (204 S 5th Street, outside the Fourth Street entrance), Downtown Hy-Vee (410 S Riverfront Drive, Mankato) and Cub Foods (1800 Madison Avenue, Mankato).
- Bank Locations. Current year tax payments can be made at the following banks in Blue Earth County: MinnStar Bank in Lake Crystal and St. Clair State Bank in St. Clair. Timely payments may be made at any of the bank locations and must be made during operating hours for that bank. Tax statements should be brought into locations to confirm correct tax amounts and better assist property owners.
Taxpayers should check their statement payment stubs for the due date for each of their parcels. Visit www.blueearthcountymn.gov or contact Property & Environmental Resources at (507) 304-4251 for more information.