Rep. Jim Hagedorn (MN-01) voted for H.R. 1618, the “Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2019.”

The legislation honors the memory of Nicholas and Zachary Burt of Rochester, who tragically died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty furnace in their parents’ home in December 1995, and aims to prevent further tragedy at the hands of carbon monoxide poisoning by establishing a grant program that provides assistance to states for taking preventative measures – such as installing alarms in public facilities.