Motorists are advised that several state highways in south central and south west Minnesota are currently impacted by downed powerlines.
Highway 59 from Worthington to Fulda remains closed due to downed powerlines.
Other highways where power lines are down but the road is open with caution advised include:
- Highway 15 Fairmont to Iowa
- Highway 71 Jackson to Iowa
- Highway 86 Wilder to Iowa
In addition several I-90 rest areas are closed due to loss of power including eastbound and westbound at Adrian, eastbound at Jackson (Clear Lake) and the Worthington Weigh Scale.
Motorists are encouraged to plan ahead and check driving conditions for their weekend travel. Driving conditions from the snow and ice event have improved in south central and southwest Minnesota, but conditions very from poor to normal statewide.
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 59 Worthington to Fulda (closed April 11 due to downed powerlines)
- Highway 19 east of Henderson (closed March 19 due to flooding)
- Highway 93 south of Henderson (closed March 16 due to flooding)